Weekend Childbirth and Breastfeeding Class
Saturday, June 6 and Sunday, June 7, 2015
City Sprouts, 2124 E. Dakota St. Philadelphia, PA 19125
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Placenta Encapsulation Workshop
Saturday, March 28, 2015
$125 early bird registration ($150 after 3/15)
Interested in placenta encapsulation? Come learn how to encapsulate safely and get hands-on experience in this 5-hour in-person workshop. Doulas, midwives, nurses, childbirth educators, lactation counselors, yoga teachers, other healthcare and birth professionals, and parents-to-be are all welcome. The workshop is open to the general public and no previous healthcare or birth experience is required.
The workshop will cover:
- Benefits of placentophagy
- Safe handling and preparation of the placenta
- Supplies needed for encapsulation
- Demonstration of all steps of placenta encapsulation process
- Hands-on practice with a real placenta
- Raw and steamed methods
- Placenta printmaking (you get to keep the prints you make!)
- Making cord keepsakes
- Plenty of time for Q&A
- PLUS your very own manual with a step-by-step guide to the encapsulation process!
The workshop fee is $125 for early bird registration ($150 after March 15), which includes all the supplies provided for practicing your placenta skills, printmaking, and your manual. Class size will be limited to 8 attendees to ensure that everyone gets a chance to practice and ask questions.
To register, visit http://placent.eventzilla.net/